There is a subreddit dedicated to people mistaking strangers for workers and strongly bringing faith in their assumptions. That infamous subreddit is known as “I Don’t Work Here Lady” and it brings the most unexpected and unique experiences directly from people who once got mistaken for a worker at a store or an office.
Coming from that universe today we have a story about Reddit user seanbeedelicious who went to Aldi to buy apple juice to make hard apple cider. He ended up loading a few cartons of it on his trolley and continued his shopping. A woman decided to interrupt his shopping process and asked him to locate candy apples for her. He being a shopper just like her had no idea where they were so he told her just that and also clarified he doesn’t work at the store. The trolley full of cartons made the woman mistake him for an employee. Even though OP did tell the woman he wasn’t a worker at Aldi she just refused to believe him and kept demanding he tell her where the candy apples were.
The woman kept repeating the same thing until a real employee arrived at the scene and informed her that OP indeed did not work at the store…and they were out of her candy apples. Left with nothing else to do, the woman decided to leave.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Let’s try to evaluate how desperate she was for those candy apples.
2. OP took a trip to Aldi and purchased loads of apple juice in order to make hard apple cider.
3. OP got approached by a woman while he was shopping to ask where she found the apple juice.
4. Just after OP helped the woman another woman approached him asking for candy apples.
5. OP obviously had no idea because he didn’t work there…but that response wasn’t received well by her.
6. I think it’s those massive cartons OP has in his shopping cart that are making him look like a worker moving inventory around.
7. What other medium of communication does she require him to use to tell her he doesn’t work there?
8. I really would’ve ignored the woman and continued my shopping, at this point, if I was OP.
9. She really is getting on my nerves now.
Please prescribe me the medication you take if you do not feel infuriated by reading this. My nervous system would have punched this woman without taking my permission if it was me standing there being lashed by her for no reason at all. When will such people understand to listen? When will they realize communication is a two-way process? I think we will have to wait a bit more for that day to come.
Till then, let’s read what happened next in this saga of OP telling the woman he doesn’t work at the store and her telling him what he means by that…Scroll down below to continue reading!
10. The fact that OP has to explain to her why he has those apple juice cartons in his cart…unbelievable.
11. Ah, help has finally arrived. Thank goodness!
12. Maybe she will understand it in the real employee’s English because OP’s couldn’t manage to penetrate her ears.
13. Now that all options are exhausted, I think the woman is about to leave.
14. Totally understandable why everyone was giving each other the WTF look.
15. While he was about to leave OP noticed the angry woman in her car crying.
16. OP decided to be the bigger man and asked her if she was okay.
17. Oh…don’t trigger our tears like this woman after all that you did earlier.
18. Oh my god…how did this story end up having a happy ending?
The most unexpected ending I have ever read.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Wife and I just adopted this lil girl, who is rightfully nicknamed Stinker.”